Our Careers Advice and Pathways
Harford Manor School is a supportive, challenging and happy learning environment. Pupils are respected and encouraged to reach their full potential, enabling them to participate in and contribute to the local community. Careers and work-related learning are integral in supporting our pupils to move into adult life with suitable skills, an appropriate level of independence and understanding.
Our careers programme is bespoke to our school, but we aim to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks as well as the needs of our pupils.
Please click on the buttons below for further information about our careers programme, the access provider policy and the destinations of our past leavers.
We aim to support pupils and parents in the following ways:
- Participation in mini-enterprise projects
- Completing school jobs and tasks for the benefit of others
- Work experience with the school maintenance person
- Internal work experience placements
- Volunteering at the Foodbank warehouse
- Signposting and access to post-school providers
- Regular experiences and encounters with local employers and employees.
- Our first Enterprise Encounters day will be held in summer 2022
- Work experience at our school shop and other external providers
- Our school charity shop offers work experience to a variety of pupils in secondary and sixth form. Here, the pupils learn integral retail skills in addition to practising communication, problem solving, and independence, as well as feeling valued as part of a team
- Meeting with a Beacon East Guidance Advisor
- Annual taster sessions at Easton and City College Norwich
- Annual visits to post school day service providers and other colleges; East Coast Great Yarmouth and the College of West Anglia
- Annual EHCP review meetings where future provision can be discussed
For further advice and information, our careers lead, Darren Locke can be contacted in the first instance via email or alternatively by telephone using the details below.
Telephone | 01603 451809
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 'Careers Link' Governor is TBC